Mission and Purpose of the APDT Foundation
To support applied scientific research of domestic dog behavior and training and facilitate the outreach of this information to canine practitioners and their clients.
The corporation is organized for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to raise and manage funds for the support of applied scientific research and outreach.
The vision of the Foundation is to:
- Be more than a funding source but rather an integrated program of research and outreach
- Build academic capacity in applied canine research
- Address relevant issues in domestic canine behavior, care, and training
- Develop a body of applied scientific knowledge on domestic canine behavior, care, and training
- Promote the application of science-based dog care and training
- Be stewards of funds gathered from a broad base of support
- Create an inclusive organizational process that develops valued partnerships that are collaborative and strategic
- Facilitate interactions and collaboration between the academic and canine practitioner communities to better serve and inform their clients and society as a whole
- Support innovative professionals whose work results in greater health and welfare between humans and domestic dogs
Revised and approved February 26, 2014